Throughout the year, numerous amazing community members devote their time, energy and talent to organizing a wide variety of third party events. Childcan also organizes a few of our own “signature” events during the year, a time to gather with our community in support of our families and children.
Please consider supporting us by hosting, attending or donating to one – or more – of these fabulous activities.
- This event has passed.
Byron Neighbours – Storybook Night Skate
January 16 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Admission is Free – Donations are Greatly Appreciated!
Donate to Childcan online: https://childcan.akaraisin.com/Common/Participant/Sponsor.aspx?seid=20692&mid=22&pid=5459388
Sponsored by SimpliScapes & GrantThomas.ca
– The following staff will be on duty: a Supervisor, Zamboni Driver, Skate Cruiser, and Skate Rental
– A heated change room is located close to the 250-meter skate trail and equipped with restrooms
– Beavertail Concession is open and serving popular Beavertail menu items (A tab that would be paid at the end of your rental can be set up here for all Beavertail products or for just hot drinks or a drink and just pastries)
– Skate rentals available at a cost of $6.50 per pair (Rentals can be done on an individual basis or a tab can be set up and paid at the end of the evening)
– There are a limited number of Skate Aids available for your guests at no charge
– Parking is free!
Important Safety Information:
– Children age five years and under must wear a CSA-approved helmet while skating. A full cage is recommended but not mandatory (Storybook does allow bike helmets)
– No one is permitted on the ice who is not wearing skates
– Sturdy, four-wheeled strollers are permitted on the ice under the control of a responsible adult who is a competent skater. The wheels of the stroller must be checked for grit or sand prior to moving on to the ice surface. Children in strollers do not require a helmet
– Chairs or the Collapsible “Umbrella” style strollers are not permitted
– Wheelchairs are permitted on the ice. The wheels must be checked for grit or sand prior to moving on to the ice surface
– Use of a baby carrier or carrying young children while on the ice is not permitted
– No food or beverages are allowed on the ice surface
– No smoking. Storybook Gardens is a smoke-free environment